WHY CHOOSE H&M Law?
FEWER CLIENTS. BETTER SERVICE AND RESULTS.
Our firm takes on fewer clients than other firms. We're selective on who we work with, so we can provide better results.
Flexible Payment Plans
We're one of the few firms in Los Angeles to offer flexible payment plans, so money should never be a problem.
Over 100 – 5 Star YELP Reviews
We're one of the few firms to have over 100 5 star yelp reviews - showing how trustworthy our firm is.
Our criminal defense law firm is available 24/7 to help you, regardless of when you get arrested.
Reason Clients Hire Us
Our firm is founded by top tier attorneys and former prosecutors. We have inside knowledge of how the criminal justice system works. We know judges, and opposing counsels, on a personal level and can help secure you the best outcome. Our focus is on getting your case dismissed, or charges significantly lowered - so it doens't impact your life.
recent case results
Homicide 6 years in jail
Gun Possession 10 years in jail
Kidnapping 12 years in jail
Homicide 6 years in jail
Drug Possession 9 years in jail
DUI (.15) 3 years in jail
Felony DUI (.13) 5 years in jail
DUI (.09) 6 years in jail
Avalon Dui Lawyers
If you are facing serious charges, penalties, or even jail time due to a DUI, or DUI-related offense, it could help your situation considerably to hire a good DUI attorney as soon as possible.
Hefty fines and possible prison time can possibly accompany drinking and driving charges. Therefore, you need to contact a professional team of DUI lawyers available in Avalon in order to help you with your case. Simply put, today’s legal system is set up in a manner that no matter if you have an I.Q. of 160 and considered brilliant by your peers, taking on the criminal justice system can have dire consequences, especially in a DUI, DWI, or drinking and driving-related case.
Because every case is different, expert DUI lawyers are specifically trained to pick out the unique aspects of each case that set them apart from others. Additionally, a good DUI lawyer in Avalon will likely discover key factors and arguments that could potentially mitigate or even dismiss the entire case altogether.
DUI Lawyers Have Many Tasks
Along with calling forth witnesses for your DUI defense and subsequently cross-examining witnesses that the prosecution team sends forward, your hired DUI attorney may perform any of the following tasks:
• Work closely with the prosecutor in order to negotiate a deal. These so-called deals, also referred to as ‘plea bargains’, often work to reduce your possible sentence or at least eliminate some or perhaps all of the charges you are now facing due to your DUI arrest.
• Be proficient at collecting evidence and important statements from key witnesses that will be called to the stand by the prosecution, especially if your DUI case resulted in someone’s death. Several witnesses often refuse to provide sensitive information or damaging statements about people that were supposedly involved in a certain crime, for personal safety reasons.
• Identify essential legal rules and important regulations that you would likely never think of or discover on your own. Several rules and laws concerning DUI prosecutions are hidden within these said laws and regulations.
• Devise a good sentencing program relative to your circumstances. If you are in fact found guilty, your Avalon DUI attorney will likely develop a solid plan that can prevent you from ever revisiting the criminal justice system again. For instance, rather than going to prison for 8 months, your DUI attorney may recommend to the court that you merely serve 5 months locked-up and spend the remaining 3 months in an inpatient alcohol and drug treatment program in order to address your drug dependency issues that likely got you into hot water to start with.
• Guide you through the legal system where your DUI case is being represented. In addition to any legal written rules that have to be obeyed and strictly followed, there are generally several ‘unwritten rules’, which accompany each jurisdiction as well.
• If the events surrounding your DUI involve someone’s death, or the facts are somewhat vague and unclear, your attorney can locate and hire investigators that can not only attempt to thoroughly explore the alleged offense, but also interview any key eyewitnesses that perhaps the prosecution plans on calling to take the stand. If these said investigators are able to unlock key evidence that would likely make a witness’s testimony fairly doubtful, this could swing your case in the other direction and help you immensely.
• Locate and hire any expert witnesses that could potentially present certain evidence that proves your innocence or refute evidence that the prosecution may present, which in turn makes the prosecution’s case much less believable.
• A good DUI attorney knows how everything works that’s involved in a typical DUI case including breathalyzer tests, the arresting police officer’s conduct, and any other specific aspects or loopholes that someone may overlook in a charge this serious.
Hiring the best Avalon DUI lawyer is clearly in your best interest since your fate now rests in the hands of the justice system due to your DUI charges. Therefore you need a proficient, skilled, experienced DUI attorney by your side to help you every step of the way.